Trash and Recycling Schedule 2018
Please note that China Township residential trash pickup day is Tuesday.
Recycling will be picked up every other Tuesday
(check the Calendar on the home page, or pick up a calendar in the Township hall during business hours).
Emterra Environmental USA is serving our China Township residents.
Recycling bins are available at the Township Hall.
Every Resident is allowed ONLY 2 bins.
Please feel free to contact
Emterra contact information:
Following is a link to the drop-off locations for hazardous recycling:
More information can be located here:
When a holiday falls on a week day, trash pickup will be on Wednesday. Wednesday pickup will be for these holidays: New Years, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Wednesday Pickup Dates:
- May 30, 2018
- September 5, 2018
- December 26, 2018
- January 2, 2019
Guidelines for Trash Pick-Up:
- place trash and recycling out prior to 6 am on Tuesday
- trash should not weigh more than 40lbs
- receptacles should be no larger than 32 gallons
- recycling materials should be placed in the recycling bin or mark recycle containers.
We encourage recycling. Recycling bins are available at the township hall
Items to recycle:
- clear glass ONLY
- plastic bottles and milk jugs (#1 & #2)
- household plastic (#3 & #7) empty container ONLY
- steel, tin, and aluminum empty cans
- kitchen cookware (metal pots, pans, tins, & utensils)
- newspaper (remove bags, strings, rubber bands), junk mail, office paper
- cardboard, paper bags, paperboard (non waxed covered), magazines & catalogs, & phone books