Garbage and Recycling will be on Friday 11/16/18, the Thanksgiving holiday does NOT change the day of pick up. The next holiday that changes the Garbage day will be Christmas.
The last week in December the Garbage day will be on Saturday December 29th.
Trash pick up days will be changing to Friday as of July.
Please note that China Township residential trash pickup day is now on Friday.
Recycling will be picked up every other Friday
(check the Calendar on the home page, or pick up a calendar in the Township hall during business hours).
Emterra Environmental USA is serving our China Township residents.
Recycling bins are available at the Township Hall.
Every Resident is allowed ONLY 2 bins.
Please feel free to contact
Emterra contact information:
If you have any complaints or concerns regarding your trash or recycling pick up please contact Joshua Johnson at (810)210-6477 or Gary Varisto at (810)577-6195. You may also contact Mary Kay Harris at Township hall (810)765-1145 ext 206. Please call her and give her your name, address and your phone number. Her hours are 12-5, so you may leave a message.
Following is a link to the drop-off locations for hazardous recycling:
More information can be located here:
When a holiday falls on a week day, trash pickup will be on Saturday. Saturday pickup will be for these holidays: New Years, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Saturday Pickup Dates:
- September 8, 2018
- November 24, 2018
- December 29, 2018
- January 5, 2019
Guidelines for Trash Pick-Up:
- place trash and recycling out prior to 6 am on Tuesday
- trash should not weigh more than 40lbs
- receptacles should be no larger than 32 gallons
- recycling materials should be placed in the recycling bin or mark recycle containers.
We encourage recycling. Recycling bins are available at the township hall.
Items to recycle:
- clear glass ONLY
- plastic bottles and milk jugs (#1 & #2)
- household plastic (#3 & #7) empty container ONLY
- steel, tin, and aluminum empty cans
- kitchen cookware (metal pots, pans, tins, & utensils)
- newspaper (remove bags, strings, rubber bands), junk mail, office paper
- cardboard, paper bags, paperboard (non waxed covered), magazines & catalogs, & phone books